Leading online game publishers benefit from a combination of in-game commerce solutions
MINNEAPOLIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV), a leading provider of global e-commerce solutions, announced it has been selected by seven global game publishers to power in-game commerce for popular social game titles. Digital River is helping these publishers manage virtual economies and monetize their games through a combination of in-game commerce solutions. These solutions range from virtual goods and currencies to micro-transactions, global payments, billing, analytics and e-marketing.
Recently, Digital River launched in-game e-commerce solutions for the following leading game titles:
* Bubble Island: Developed by wooga, Bubble Island is an exciting puzzle game based on a popular arcade concept operated in StudiVZ and Facebook.
* Dawn of Nations: This browser-based massively multiplayer online (MMO) strategy game, published by Element 36 Interactive, lets players adopt roles of military commanders in an immersive World War II setting.
* MonsterWorld: wooga’s third title in the social gaming space allows Facebook and StudiVZ users to grow exotic plants and realize their own unique vision of a monster world.
* onGOLF: A MMO 3D simulation golf game, onGOLF features some of the most recognizable golf brands as well as realistic and intuitive game play.
* Pirate Galaxy: This browser-based MMO game from Splitscreen Studios is set in space in the distant future.
* Qraut: Qraut is a browser-based MMO game developed by Innova Systems, a leading Russian online game publisher.
* Vikings of Thule: Developed by Game Studio Gogogic, Vikings of Thule is a revolutionary Facebook-based MMO game.
* WebbliWorld: Produced by Aardman, WebbliWorld is a global online virtual world for children that addresses the environment, climate change and recycling.
“More game publishers and developers are making the move towards in-game commerce models,” said Jeff Hemenway, Digital River’s group vice president of games. “They are experimenting with new ways to monetize their games and keep players immersed in online game play. Finding an e-commerce partner with a proven and flexible in-game solution that is scalable around the world is essential to making this successful transition.”
Digital River’s e-commerce solution offers game publishers all the scalability and reliability of a proven in-store platform along with turn-key technologies designed to operate a successful in-game marketplace. Together, Digital River and its recently acquired in-game commerce provider, fatfoogoo, deliver a comprehensive suite of in-game store functions. These functions include global payments, fraud prevention services, inventory management, player-to-player marketplaces, auction capabilities as well as the use of virtual goods, currencies and electronic wallets.
About Digital River, Inc.
Digital River, Inc., a leading provider of global e-commerce solutions, builds and manages online businesses for software and game publishers, consumer electronics manufacturers, distributors, online retailers and affiliates. Its multi-channel e-commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running an e-commerce operation. The company’s comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud management, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multi-lingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
Founded in 1994, Digital River is headquartered in Minneapolis with offices across the U.S., Asia, Europe and South America. For more details about Digital River, visit the corporate website, call +1 952-253-1234 or follow the company on Twitter.
In addition to the historical information contained herein, this press release contains forward-looking statements, such as statements containing the words, “will,” “plans,” “intends,” “expects,” and similar words. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Digital River, or industry results, to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, among others: Digital River’s operating history and variability of operating results; competition in the electronic commerce market; the ability of Digital River to support online and in-game commerce sales for social game titles; the market’s acceptance of such offerings; and other risk factors referenced in Digital River’s public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Digital River is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc. All other company and product names are trademarks, registrations or copyrights of their respective owners.